FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MESOTHELIOMA LAWSUITS
1. What if I don’t know how or where I was exposed to asbestos?
We have hired some of the most experienced investigators. They will figure out where you were exposed.
2. How much compensation can I expect?
Each case is unique. However, once an investigator has looked at your case, we should be able to give you an estimate of the money you will recover.
3. Why should I consider hiring you?
We are one of the largest law firms exclusively devoted to mesothelioma victims and their families. We don’t handle auto accident cases, divorces or other types of cases. We have offices across the country and represent mesothelioma victims in 46 of the 50 states. That means we have the experience and resources necessary to help you recover the most compensation. And, since we only handle mesothelioma claims, we are very sensitive to the special needs of our clients.
4. What if I am too sick to come to your office?
Since all of our clients are dealing with the same illness, we understand that travel is difficult. That is why we always come to you. We will meet you in your home or other convenient location.
5. If I bring a mesothelioma claim, will I get a bunch of legal bills?
No. Our law firm only get paid if we recover for you. We advance all your costs. You will never get a bill from us.
6. Do I have to sue my former employer?
No. We are looking for the companies that manufactured asbestos products that were at your workplace or your home. Your former employer usually cannot be sued because of worker compensation laws.
7. What if I don’t want to bring a lawsuit against anyone?
You don’t have to. We can recover compensation for you from the trust funds that have been set up. These claims don’t involve law suits or visits to the courtroom. However, if you don’t claim this money in time, it will go back to the companies that caused your disease.
8. If I bring a claim for mesothelioma, will it be part of some big class action suit?
No. Each mesothelioma claim is handled individually. You will never be put in any class action lawsuit by our law firm.
9. If I recover any money from my mesothelioma claims, will the government send me a big tax bill?
No. All the money you recover for your injuries from mesothelioma is tax-free.
10. If I want to recover compensation for mesothelioma, will I have to bring a law suit and go to court?
No. Many companies have set up trust funds to pay mesothelioma victims. These trust funds have billions of dollars in them. To claim your share, you do not need to file a law suit or go to court. However, if you do not claim the money in time, the money will go back to the companies that exposed you to asbestos.
11. Someone in my family passed away from mesothelioma. Are all the claims they had lost because they passed?
No. The family may still be entitled to compensation even if the mesothelioma victim has already passed. However, if you wait too long, these claims may be barred.